I talked to the pony industries sales person, I found the number on the net! “Do you think you could get me the rosewood needles or the 6mm plastic needles or give me the name of an agent who could sell them to me....blah blah” I asked.
No, madam. They are for export only, how can we sell them locally?
Could you please sell me some?
I will pay in dollars if you want
No madam how can we sell for export needles in India?
Please I will buy a dozen. (Loosing it)
No madam, why don’t you try the Bangalore office, if they order then maybe…
Okay give me their number and address.
Tring...tring, Is this Bangalore Pony office?
Yes madam, what can I do for you?
“Do you….. blah blah” I asked.
Well madam the person in charge is on leave.
Huh? Could you tell me if you will get my needles for me?
Difficult madam, cant say! Why don’t you write an email and also to the head office saying what you want?
6 mm needles?
That? That is for export only!
Well, the needle story continues. In commercial street I found a shop that had wool! Including the vardhaman special funfur type you see in the picture. I got my needles 4mm and 4.5 mm.and the cable needles! I decided to work in the limits and
- asked my cousin to buy a gift set of needles from the US. I am importing Indian needles from the US!! ( what a large ecological footprint that is!!!)
- asked my fellow Phd students to get me a size 6mm and 5mm needles
- am asking my brother to make them
- written a letter of reprimand to pony company
- Bribe an employee of the industry to get a pair out ( STEAL?!?)
- More next time, I have decided to go to chikpet!!
By the way I designed stitch markers using cheap 10rs earring pairs I picked at a fair. I wound the hook around a plastic coated paperclip and bent the sharp edge in and voila! Stitch markers are ready.